普魯斯特問卷(Albertine 譯)
At the birthday party of Antoinette Felix-Faure, the 13-year-old Marcel was asked to answer the following questions in the birthday book, and here's what he said:
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 你認為最悲慘的事?
To be separated from Mama 和媽媽分開
- Where would you like to live? 你希望住在那裡?
In the country of the Ideal, or, rather, of my ideal 理想的國度,也就是,我自己所要的那種理想國度
- What is your idea of earthly happiness? 你認為俗世快樂是什麼?
To live in contact with those I love, with the beauties of nature, with a quantity of books and music, and to have, within easy distance, a French theater 過著和我所愛的人接觸、身處自然之美、擁有很多書本與音樂、以及住得和劇院距離不遠的生活
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent? 什麼缺點你最寬容?
To a life deprived of the works of genius 沒有天份的人
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction? 最喜歡的小說主角?
Those of romance and poetry, those who are the expression of an ideal rather than an imitation of the real 羅曼史中與詩中的,傳達理念而非仿傚實際(體力)英雄的
- Who are your favorite characters in history? 歷史上最喜歡的人?
A mixture of Socrates, Pericles, Mahomet, Pliny the Younger and Augustin Thierry 蘇格拉底、佩里克利斯(莎士比亞)、穆罕默德、小蒲林尼(著名的博物學家,死于AD 79 維蘇威)、梯葉里(1795-1856, 法國歷史學家﹑作家)的綜合體
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life? 真實世界最喜歡的女英雄?
A woman of genius leading an ordinary life 天才女性過著平凡的生活
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction? 最喜歡的小說女主角?
Those who are more than women without ceasing to be womanly; everything that is tender, poetic, pure and in every way beautiful 那些不停追求女性特質的女性;任何溫柔、詩意、純粹、各方面都美麗的東西
- Your favorite painter? 最喜歡的畫家
Meissonier梅索尼埃(法國, 1815-95)
- Your favorite musician? 最喜歡的音樂家
Mozart 莫札特
- The quality you most admire in a man? 男性最讓你欣賞的特質?
Intelligence, moral sense 智慧、道德感
- The quality you most admire in a woman? 女性最讓你欣賞的特質?
Gentleness, naturalness, intelligence 溫柔、自然、智慧
- Your favorite virtue? 最喜歡的美德?
All virtues that are not limited to a sect: the universal virtues 所有美德,不被某些標準限制;世界性的美德
- Your favorite occupation? 最喜歡的工作?
Reading, dreaming, and writing verse 讀書、作夢、寫詩
- Who would you have liked to be? 希望做什麼樣的人?
Since the question does not arise, I prefer not to answer it. All the same, I should very much have liked to be Pliny the Younger. 既然還沒有到時候,我寧可不回答。同理,我應該很想當小蒲林尼
引用文章The First Proust Questionnaire請參考 le14nov 對13歲的質問
有關『 ”13 歲 ” 顯然是誤用吧』一語,其實一開始只是我對 The Proust Questionnaire 書中手稿圖片記載 1886 年的推測,直覺應該是 15 歲。
當認真找資料研究時,才發現這問題還有點難以說明,我試著提供一些資訊如下,請各位參考:
1. Proust 青少年時期有個異性 朋友 Antoinette Felix-Faure ( 她父親是 François Félix Faure 後來 當選法國總統 ) ,她 有一本冊子叫做 Confessions. An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings, Etc. , 每一頁都有相同的 Questionnaire ,曾經讓很多朋友當作遊戲, Proust 是少數填寫卻不簽名的人
2. Antoinette 的兒子 André Berge 意外在閣樓發現這本 書冊,封面紀錄 1884 年,書末則是 1887 年,Henry-Jean Servat 在 The Proust Questionnaire 的介紹短文中有詳細說明,Kolb-Proust Archive 的網頁資料也有提到這一段 http://www.library.uiuc.edu/kolbp/proust/qst.html#top
“Cet album fut retrouvé par André Berge, un des fils d'Antoinette Faure, qui publia pour la première fois en 1924 les pages remplies par Marcel Proust. André Berge rapporte que certaines pages comportent des dates qui s'échelonnent entre 1884 et 1887. CS.”
3. 所以說, Proust 寫下 那一份 Questionnaire 最早會是 1884 年,也就是他 13 歲的時候,這可能是許多網站的資料來源。但 手邊 Jean-Yves Tadie 和 William C. Carter 所寫的 Proust 傳記中都不約而同提到這個問題,且有更強有力的推論。依據相關資料了解 Proust 真正開始認識 Augustin Thierry ( 1795 -1856 , French historian )是在 1886 年。而 Questionnaire 其中 2 個問題的答案則已經出現 Augustin Thierry 這個名字,顯然 Questionnaire 不會在 1886 年之前填寫。
4. 以上資料提供參考
本文於 修改第 7 次