John: Tonight is a party night! What drinks do you think we need? 今晚是派對之夜,你認為我們需要什麼樣的飲料?
Lily: Well, not everyone wants to drink beer. Make sure there are some soft drinks and juice. Nothing’s as refreshing as ice drinks on a hot day。 不是每個人都想喝啤酒的。準備些軟飲料和果汁吧。在大熱天沒有什麼能夠像冰飲料那樣讓人神清氣爽。
John: I don’t think we need too much in the way of soft drinks. Two super bottles of Cola should cover everyone. What about wine? 我想我們並不需要太多的飲料。買兩大瓶可樂就可以了。葡萄酒呢?
Lily:Just buy a cask of wine. Have you bought ice yet? 買一桶酒吧。買冰了嗎?
John: No, once I fill the tub with beer, I’ll get the ice. The beer will be cool if you put the tub under the ice. The cooler, the better。 沒有,我要先把桶裝滿啤酒,再去弄冰塊。如果你把啤酒放在冰裡面,啤酒就會變涼的,而且越涼越好。
Lily: I think a bottle of champagne would be a good idea. It’s appetizing and tasty。 我覺得來瓶香檳也會是不錯的主意,又開胃又可口。
John:Well, if you say so. Personally speaking, I’d rather die of thirst than drink champagne。 好吧,你說買就買吧。我個人是寧可渴死了也不會喝香檳的。
談論飲料常用的英語口語句子:
專家說偶爾喝杯紅酒對人身體有好處。Experts say that a glass of red wine occasionally will do one’s health a world of good。
多喝茶會讓你的牙齒變黃,但是對你的身體有好處。Too much tea will brown your teeth, but it’s good for your health。
要加冰嗎?Do you want some ice in your drink?
在大熱天沒有什麼能夠像冰飲料那樣讓人神清氣爽。Nothing’s as refreshing as ice cold drinks on a hot day。
沒有咖啡,我早上就起不了床。Without a coffee, I could never get up in the morning。
除非你完全清醒了,我才會讓你開車。I’m not letting you get behind the wheel until you’ve sobered up。
Linda: Oh, Henry. I haven’t seen you in ages. Come in. Let me take your coat. How are you getting along? 哦,亨利,好久不見。進來吧,我來給你拿大衣。最近過得怎麼樣?
Henry:Very well, thank you。 非常好,謝謝。
Linda:Please take a seat. Everything will be ready in a minute。 請坐。飯菜一會兒就準備好。
Henry: Can you bring me a glass of orange juice, please? I am quite thirsty。 能給我拿杯橙汁嗎?我很渴。
Linda:Here you are。 給你。
(at the table)
Linda: Here you go. We have your cocktail and there’s salad, fried chicken, French fries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Eat the chicken while it’s hot. It tastes better。 來了。這是你的雞尾酒,這兒又沙拉、炸雞、炸薯條和甜點香草冰淇淋。趁著雞肉還熱趕緊吃,味道會好一點。
Henry: Wow! You’re right. Everything is absolutely delicious. Please pass the pepper。 哇!真好吃。每道菜都很好吃。請幫忙遞一下胡椒。
Linda:Here you are. Taste the French fries。 給你。嘗嘗炸薯條。
Henry:They’re soft。 很軟。
Linda:Would you like some more? 再來一點嗎?
Henry:No more. Thank you。 不要了謝謝。
Linda:Here’s to our friendship and health! 為了我們的友誼和健康乾杯!
Henry:Bottoms up! 乾杯!
談論吃飯問題常用英語口語句子:
我餓了。I’m hungry。
我們什麼時候吃飯?When shall we eat?
請幫忙遞一下胡椒。Please pass the pepper。
來幫忙擺碗筷。Help me set the table。
要是放點兒鹽就更好吃了。
It would be more delicious if you put some salt in it。
該吃飯了。It’s time to eat。
什麼氣味?What’s the smell?
叫大家來吃飯。Call everyone to the table。
別說話,吃你的飯。Be quiet and eat your food。
把你盤子裡的東西都吃完。Clean up your plate。
再來一點嗎?Would you like some more?
很好吃!It's delicious!
要想身體苗條, 你就不能再吃了。To keep slim, you can’t eat any more。
Jane: Home at last. Tonight we have a lot of homework though。 終於回到家了,不過今晚我們有一大堆作業要做。
Tom: Are you saying we don’t have time to watch our favorite show tonight? Jane, you know I really don’t like our teacher all that much. He gives far too much homework. He criticizes me in front of everyone all the time。 你是說我們沒時間看最喜歡的電視節目了嗎?簡,你知道我真的不那麼喜歡我們老師。他佈置的作業太多了。而且總是在大家面前批評我。
Jane: To tell the truth, I don’t really like him either. He’s kind of boring and not very active. He always looks unhappy too。 說實話,我也不是很喜歡他。他有點乏味而且一點兒也不活躍,看起來總是一副不開心的樣子。
Tom:Yes, and he also… 對啊,他還....
Jane: Do you think we should be talking about him like this behind his back? 你覺得我們應該在背後這樣說他嗎?
Tom: Probably not. After all he is our teacher. We should try to find something nice to say. If you can’t say something nice you shouldn’t say anything at all。 不應該,畢竟他是我們的老師。我們應該找點好的說。如果你不能說點好的,那就別說了。
Jane: I absolutely agree. It’s getting dark. We should finish our homework now。 我完全贊成。天要黑了。我們還是先把功課做完吧。
Tom: All right. I want to take a shower first, I’m exhausted。 好吧,我想沖個澡。累死了!
3Talking about Apartment居家住房,找房子時談論房子設施及自己的滿意程度的英語口語對話,附談論住宅的英語口語句子。
Jason:What do you think of this flat? 你覺得這個公寓怎麼樣?
Alice:It’s not really all that good. The bedroom is a little small for us。 並不那麼好,對我們來說臥室有點小了。
Jason:Small but it should be enough for our needs, I think。 小?不過我想已經足夠我們兩個人用了。
Alice:But there’s no hot water after 10 at night. Sometimes I like to have a hot shower before bed, especially in the winter. It feels good。 但是晚上十一點以後就沒有熱水了。有時候我想睡覺前洗個熱水澡,尤其是在冬天,感覺很好。
Jason:That’s true. But I love the living room; it’s huge and filled with sunshine。 那倒是,但是我喜歡客廳,比較大,而且陽光充足。
Alice:True, and I like the kitchen. It’s new and well equipped。 是的,我還喜歡廚房,都是新的,設備也齊全。
Jason:It has a great balcony with an incredible view of the park。 還有一個很棒的陽臺,可以看到公園的美景。
Alice:You’re right. The view is spectacular. But that bedroom is so small. We’d never be able to fit all of our stuff in there。 是的,風景很優美。但是臥室那麼小,放不下我們的東西。
Jason:Maybe we could get some new furniture. Better stuff。 或許我們應該買些新傢俱,更好的東西。
Alice:I hadn’t thought of that。 我沒有想過。
談論居家住房常用的英語口語句子:
你覺得這個公寓怎麼樣?What do you think of this apartment?
我喜歡客廳,比較大,而且陽光充足。I love the living room; it’s huge and filled with sunshine。
請到客廳來。Please come into the living room。
收拾一下你的房間。Clean your room。
請用吸塵器把整個房子打掃一下。Please vacuum the whole house。
這地方跟豬圈一樣。This place is a pigsty。
打開窗戶,給房間通通風。Open the window and air the room。
廚房的水池子堵了。The sink is clogged。
抽水馬桶漏水了。The toilet is running。
這個水龍頭在不停地漏水。This faucet leaks day and night。
沒有電。The electricity isn’t working。
沒有暖氣。There’s no heat。
把空調打開/關上。Turn on/off the air conditioner。
你打算怎樣佈置這個房間?How are you going to decorate this room?
也許我們應該買些新傢俱。Maybe we could get some new furniture。
Frank:But I’m not sleepy, mom. Can I stay up and watch more TV? 但是我還一點兒都不困困,媽媽,我能再看會兒電視嗎?
Mother:It’s already past 11. You have school tomorrow. You’ll be sleepy all day tomorrow if you don’t sleep well tonight。 已經十一點多了,你明天還要上學呢。如果你晚上不睡好的,明天一天都會犯困的。
Frank:I know, but I promise I won’t be sleepy tomorrow. I work really hard。 我知道,我保證明天不犯困,我學習很努力的。
Mother: Don’t you have exams coming up soon? I’m sure you could spend more time preparing for those。 你不是快考試了嗎?你覺得你可以多花點時間準備的。
Frank:Oh, I nearly forgot the exams。 哦,我差點快忘了要考試了。
Mother: You do well in the math, but your history is not good enough, am I right? 你數學學的不錯,但是歷史不夠好,對不對?
Frank: Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I could go to sleep now and get up early to review the lessons tomorrow。 是的,是這樣,或許我應該現在就睡覺,明天早上早點起床複習功課。
Mother:An excellent idea. Work now and play later。 好主意,先學習後玩兒。
Frank: I know you’re right. School is more important than TV, but can I watch one more show then go to bed? 我知道你是對的,學業比電視重要,但是我能不能再看一個節目再去睡覺啊?