House Carpenter
Well met, well met, said an old true love.
\" 美妙的邂逅,美妙的邂逅。\"傳唱著一段古老真摯的愛情
\"Well met, well met, said he.
\" 美妙的邂逅,美妙的邂逅,他說。
\"I have just returned from the salt, salt sea.
\"我剛從鹽海回來
\"And it\'s all for the love of thee.\"
\"只因為對你的愛
Come in, come in, my own true love,
\"進來,進來,我的真愛
And have a seat by me.
依偎在我的身邊
It\'s been three-fourths of a long, long year,
時間如此漫長
Since together, we have been.
自從我們分開。
Interlude.
\"I can\'t come in and I can\'t sit down,
\"我不能進來,不能坐下
\"For I\'ve only a moment\'s time.
\"我只有片刻光陰
\"They say you\'re married to a house carpenter,
人們說你嫁給了木匠
\"And your heart will never be mine.
你的心不再屬於我
\"I could have married a King\'s daughter, fair,
\"說實話,我可以娶國王的女兒
\"And she would have married me,
她會嫁給我
\"But I have forsaken her crowns of gold,
\"但我捨棄了她的皇冠
\"And it\'s all for the love of thee.\"
\"只因為對你的愛
Interlude.
\"Now you forsake your house carpenter,
\"現在離開你的木匠
\"And go along with me.
\"陪伴在我身旁
\"I\'ll take you where the grass grows green.
\"陪伴在我身旁
\"On the banks of the deep blue sea.\"
\"去海邊 。\"
Then she picked up a darlin\' little babe,
她抱起可愛的嬰兒
And kisses, she gave it three.
吻了又吻
Saying \"Stay right here, my dalrin\' little baby
\"我親愛的孩子,留在這兒,
\"And keep your pappa company.\"
與你的父親做伴。\"
Interlude.
They had not been on the ship two weeks,
他們在船上呆了不到兩周
I\'m sure it was not three,
絕不是三周
Till his true love began to weep and to mourn,
他的戀人開始悲歎、憂傷
And she wept most bitterly.
傷心欲絕地哭泣
Sayin\': \"Are you weepin\' for my silver and my gold.
\"你在為我失去的財富
Sayin\': \"Are you weepin\' for my store?
為我失去的店舖
\"Or are you weepin\' for your house carpenter,
還是在為你那再也見不著面
\"Whose face you\'ll never see no more?\"
的木匠哭泣?\"
\"A curse, a curse to the sailor,\" she cried.
\"詛咒,對水手的詛咒,\"她哭著說
\"A curse, a curse,\" she swore.
\"報應,報應,\"她詛咒
\"You robbed me of my darlin\' little babe,
\"你奪走了我親愛的孩子,
\"That I shall never see no more.\"
\"我再也見不到他了。\"
They had not been on the ship three weeks,
他們在船上呆了不到三周
I\'m sure it was not four,
絕不是四周
When there came a leak in the bottom of the ship,
船底出現了裂痕
And sank them for to rise no more
船沉沒了,再也沒有出現
*****************************************